“Meet them where they are!”
Digital & Internet Use
- American millennials (ages 18-34) spend a more of their time with digital media than with traditional media.¹
- About 3 out of 4 (77%) young people own a smartphone compared to just 48% of Baby Boomers.¹
- Diverse content is needed when nearly half are women and 45 percent of the millennial generation identified as either racial or ethnic minorities.¹
Creative & Social Media
- 74 percent of millennials who own a smartphone use it for social networking for at least weekly.¹
- Pictures/Images are a popular form of social media with half (53%) of online individuals ages 18-29 using Instagram. And half of all Instagram users (46%) use the site daily.²
- Always on: College-aged young adults (18-24) are twice as likely (40%) to use social media while in the bathroom compared to the average (21%).³
- 96 percent of 13-24 year old consume online video via social media sites on an average of 11 hours per week.4
- 6 out of the top 10 influencers for 13-18 year olds are YouTube stars.4
- Online video experience a steady viewership increase of 44% in 2014.5
1 “Millennials Come of Age” Experian Marketing Services via Simmons® National Consumer Study, 2013.
3 Nielsen U.S. Social Media Survey, 2013.
4 Variety magazine study, 2014.